Types of information collected and held
“Personal information” about you is information or an opinion about you or which is reasonably identifiable as you, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
The types of personal information that we collect and hold include:
- Your name;
- Your job title;
- Your email address, website, telephone number, fax number and Skype details;
- Your social media contact details;
- Your demographic information such as postcode, gender or age profile, preferences and interests; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we collect and hold personal information
Webtrainr collects your personal information that you voluntarily and knowingly provide when:
- You complete your client details when purchasing a product;
- You submit your details to us via our website at the URL webtrainr.com
- You contact Webtrainr in order to make an enquiry about Webtrainr or our services; or
- You register to use or receive information about our services at www.webtrainr.com
We may collect some of your personal information from third parties, such as social media platforms.
Webtrainr holds your personal information in electronic files.
Webtrainr takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept secure in accordance with reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. However, for personal information collected online or stored in electronic databases, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and that the security of those databases can never be guaranteed. Webtrainr also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information and we ensure that there are various security protections in place.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
Webtrainr will use or disclose your personal information only for the purpose (the “primary purpose”) for which you provide it to us, which may include:
- To provide you with any services or goods that you may request;
- To respond to any query or complaint that you may make;
- For internal administration and quality control purposes;
- To improve our products and services;
- For the periodic sending of promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- To contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information that you knowingly and willingly provide to customise the website according to your interests.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required or authorized by law or a court/tribunal order.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Credit Card payments
Any credit card information is protected by our e-commerce merchants. These are third party applications who have their own privacy policies.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at our contact email found here. You can also choose to “unsubscribe” by clicking the link in any of our direct email marketing offers.
Access to and correction of Personal Information
HACCP Mentor will take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant.
You may request access to your personal information that we hold, and you may seek the correction of such information by contacting our Privacy Officer by mail at: PO Box 5025, KAHIBAH NSW 2290, AUSTRALIA or via email here.
If you wish to receive your personal information via post, a small fee will be payable.
Complaints about a privacy breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, you may direct your complaint to our Privacy Officer via email as set out above. Our Privacy Officer will review your complaint and liaise with you directly to resolve your complaint.
We may, in the course of providing services to you, disclose personal information to overseas entities (including our group companies which are located overseas).